Race day is Sunday, August 25th. Registration is $8 and can be done online here: TdW Preregistration. The first racer will be scheduled out the gate at 1:30pm. Please plan to be at the start at least 10 minutes before your scheduled race time to insure you can be checked in and staged. You can still register in person on race day, but you will be given a slot after all the preregistered racers. If you want to secure an earlier race time be sure and preregister. Preregistration ends at 11:59pm, Thursday, August 22nd.
And here is the part you’ve been waiting for. Plan and RIDE your route before the race if at all possible. A well planned and executed route will make all the difference on race day.
Tour de Watertower 2013 course route:
- START – Cool Guy Park – along the trail starting at Lakeview Blvd E & Belmont Ave E
- Maple Leaf – Roosevelt Way NE and NE 86th st.
- Queen Anne – Lee St. @ Warren Ave N
- Magnolia – 38th Ave. W between Dravus and Prosper Across from 3218 38th Ave. W.
- West Seattle – SW Charlestown St. & 39th Ave SW
- High Point – 35th Ave SW & SW Myrtle St
- Woodland Park – Phinney Ave. N. between N. 53rd st & N 54th St.
- Volunteer Park – Volunteer Park Road, near entrance at E Prospect St.
- FINISH – Victory Lounge – 433 Eastlake Avenue E. First round is on me.
Don’t want to race but feel like hanging out? Come by the start, or head over to Victory Lounge at 3pm to start checking out who’s in the lead as the riders come in and times are posted. We will also need some volunteers to keep our riders honest and keep things running smoothly, so if you’re interested please get in touch, your help is always appreciated. Victory will be providing two dollar beers and three dollar shots for all, as well a full menu of dogs for all. We will be listing all finish times live and large as we did last year.