Swobo has a windowless van and a plan. They are hitting the road onboard the van, Halen to spread the good word of Swobo- while sharing pizza and beer with those lucky enough to cross paths with them on this trip around these United States. They have a tentative schedule, connecting with shops from Colorado to South Carolina. (Unfortunately they are skipping Alaska this time around.)
- Wednesday, Jan 15 – Lincoln, NE – Monkey Wrench Cycles
- Thursday, Jan 16, – Chicago, IL – Bike Lane
- Saturday, Jan 18 – Columbus, OH – Paradise Garage
- Monday, Jan 20 – Washington, DC – Bicycle Space
- Tuesday, Jan 21 – Greensboro, NC – Revolution Cycles
- Wednesday, Jan 22 – Columbia, SC – Cock and Bull
- Saturday, Jan 25 – Kansas City, MO – River Market Cyclery
Also keep an eye out on the website- because they have a few new bikes coming out. One being: The Mutineer. A single speed specific mountain bike(ish) offering that looks like loads of fun. An alloy frame with a 27.5″ wheelset (with Kenda Honeybadger tires,) it’s belt drive compatible, has a (80mm) suspension corrected rigid fork, disc brakes, a bunch of Swobo parts, and it comes in at a cool $999. That’s like Evil and a half. Only available in matte black, because you don’t really need anything else. I cop’d a photo from BikeRumor, who will be following the tour with internet postings and the like.
So if they’re coming through your town- pinch Murph’s cheek, get to know the bikes, and drink all the beers- as I would do.