It’s a new year and time to get ready for the Beard & Stache Fest. Every February, The World Is Fun puts together a month of fun events that celebrate facial hair while benefiting the good work that Treehouse does, helping kids in foster care.
Head over to the Facebook Page to RSVP, then come to The Hive Dive on Sunday January 9th between 1-4pm. Get your photo taken and it will grace a donation can at one of the many local businesses involved with the event for the month of February. Your beautiful face raising donations that will go to support Treehouse. At the end of the month, there are prizes awarded for most money raised, that- and you can feel good knowing that you did the right thing.
More info HERE
A benefit ride for Alleycat Acres
- 1 day: March 5, 2011.
- Meet at 8 AM for nibbles, information, and networking. Route opens at 9 AM.
- Ride begins in Central District.
- 60(ish) miles, looping around Lake Washington. Route map & cue sheets coming soon.
- 2-4 rest stops, 1 lunch stop & proposed dinner after party.
- Ride ends in Central District.
- Ride will have 2 sweep cars, in case you get tired, cold or want to hang out and rock out to Salt ‘n Peppa.
- Ride is open to 100 folks.
- $10 required registration donation; if you’ve got money burning a hole in your pocket, feel free to donate more!
- Riders agree to raise a minimum of $60 in sponsorships/donations to participate; this is due March 1, 2011.
More info at Alleycat Acres
This is for a good cause, and it’s bound to be a good time. That’s a win-win situation. So come out to support, and to raise funds for a friend in need.
The next Dead Baby Club Ride, October 2nd will be ending at Cafe’ Metropolitan on Capitol Hill, 1701 E Olive Wayhttp://www.cafemetropolitain.com/
This ride will be a benefit to raise money to help our Club Brother PJ pay off medical bills from his massive head trauma last winter.
~show up @ 8:00pm
~$5.00 suggested donation at the door. (MORE IS BETTER!)
~Beer and Booze Drink Specials.
~Raffle: 3 Raleigh Bikes, Ortlieb Bags, Chrome Bags, Bike Art and more.
~Bands: Shit Gets Smashed and Throne of Bone.
All the proceeds from this event will will go to paying-off PJ’s medical bills.
And as a friend of mine said:
“I don’t want to see a bunch of Douches out there who are just there to grab some free beer and poach in on a DeadBaby ride. I want to see some folks who will bring what they would normally spend on a Friday nite (and more) and donate it to a kid who’s life is forever changed because of this incident.”
True that. This is about the community, and YOU are the community.